Monday, January 11, 2010

Blog Renovation Brainstorming


Hello, YA-SciFi Geniuses!  My baby is out of the newborn stage and the holidays are over, so I'm thinking of renovating this blog and reactivating.  I still have a lot going on in my life, but I've learned I need to balance what I need to do with what I like to do or I'll go nuts.  What's the old saying?  "All work and no play makes Jane a very dull girl."  Or something like that.  I got to have my little creative outlets.
.
I've especially been nostalgic about Star Trek Voyager lately and am brainstorming ideas on how to incorporate that nostalgia. 
http://memory-alpha.org/en/wiki/Star_Trek_Voyager
.

.
I want to keep up with news on the new Star Trek movies too.


Of course, I'm always on the lookout for good books for you all, but it's not easy.  There are so few of them to begin with.  The ones which don't insult your intelligence often have flat characters which would bore you to death.  I'm committed to reviewing one Young Adult book a month at my regular book review blog, giving preference to anything Science Fiction-flavored and including books not necessarily marketed to young people, but which I think will appeal. 
.
Here's a few good ones in the Temporal Vortex I think you'll like-
.
CRASHED by Robin Wasserman.  It's already out and you might find it in a good library. I reviewed the first in her series, SKINNED, a while back.  Scroll down.  I don't know if this one will be sent to me.
.
LEVIATHAN by Scot Westerfeld.  He wrote the UGLIES series.  I own this one already.  Looks really steampunkish.
.
XOMBIES Apocolypticon by Walter Greatshell.  I just reviewed the first, APOCALYPSE BLUES, in November.  The new one comes out February.  I'll review it when it gets to me.  It's written for growed-ups too, but I think you'll love it anyway.  The first one made my Top Ten for 2009.
.
So, anyway, I'll keep brainstorming and let you all know.  If you have any ideas, feel free to comment or email.
kimberannebulaATyahooDOTcom

3 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Do you have NetFlix? I recently went through the entire seven seasons of Voyager from beginning to end. Forgotten how good that series was in the Star Trek saga!

Kimber An said...

No, I don't have NetFlix, but thanks for asking because one my ideas was to watch each Voyager episode from start to finish and blog about it. Like, maybe I'd watch and review each episode, collect and ponder trivia, and so forth. Apparently, there's a lot of Voyager Fan Fiction out there, though I haven't had the chance to explore it yet. I know there's tons of stuff for the Original Series and Next Gen, and I love those too. But, I haven't seen a whole lot for Voyager. I mean, I know it wasn't the highest rated series, but, hey, I liked it!

Kimber An said...

At this point, I'm thinking I would need a seperate blog for the Voyager showcase thing. If I posted to this blog, it might seem like I'm using Star Trek to promote something else. I shall investigate my options and ideas.