Friday, January 30, 2009

Well, Duh!

Study shows children need to play.
.
The other day I went shopping at Target. It just opened stores here in Alaska. So, I was shopping along and two teenage girls went wondering by, giggling hysterically, with a box over their heads. Did I think "What a couple of idiots! Why can't they act their age?" Nope. I thought, "Well, there's a couple of best buddies having fun." I was also reminded of the fact that the *more intelligent the creature, the greater his or her need for play.* This is why dolphines, dogs, and chimpanzees have so much fun. This is why senior citizens are encouraged to solve word puzzles and such to keep their minds sharp as they age.
.
So, go ahead, goof off! Have fun. Be very silly. I'm one adult who will be very happy for you.
This is a picture of some highly intelligent Alaskan adults racing reindeer down the streets of Anchorage, our largest city.

2 comments:

Christine said...

I don't think I could ever stop playing. I'm always running around with my friends doing random things. I'm pretty sure I'll always be a child at heart.

Kimber An said...

Good for you and the world is a better place for it! There are so many cynics and selfish people out there trying to rob others of their joy.