Friday, November 14, 2008

Girl Power This Week

Lisa Paitz Spindler brought the new t.v. show, SANCTUARY, to my attention. http://www.lisapaitzspindler.com/blog/2008/11/07/danger-gal-friday-dr-helen-magnus/ Here's the Wikipedia article to learn even more- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sanctuary_(web_series) It started out as a web series, interestingly enough, and has been picked up by ther SciFi channel. What fascinates me the most is that the main Heroine is a mom and her daughter is another a kick-butt heroine in the story. That's as rare as Tribble teeth in the Science Fiction genre. In fact, the only pairing like that I know of is in my own stories. Being a mom myself, it's going to be challenging for me to make time to watch this show, which is a bummer, but my babies are more important.
;)

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Thanks for the link! Sanctuary is promising, but the writing it going to have to improve if the show is going to make it. I hope the writing does improve, I love the characters.