Friday, September 26, 2008

This was me as a Teen.

It was the '80s, but I don't think you can tell by looking at me. It was the era of frizzed and feathered hair and black eyeliner, but I was never into trends. In fact, I rebelled against them. When polo shirts became all the rage, I announced that I thought they were stupid, you know, just because everyone else thought they were, like, totally awesome. Gag. My reading tastes haven't changed much. I still read most anything, but prefer stories which take me far and away, like Science Fiction, Fantasy, and Historicals.
.
I couldn't get over being a teenager fast enough. My 20s were a lot more fun because I could go and do what I wanted. I very much enjoyed my 'high-powered career' as a nanny and loved college because I actually wanted to be there, whereas in high school I had no choice. I still adore babies, but have my very own to care for now and a Heroic Husband. Some people my age long for their teen years, but you couldn't pay me enough to go back. You teens have all my sympathy for all you endure and my encouragement for all that you can become.

No comments: