Friday, September 12, 2008

Help Build this Blog!

Good morning, Blog Buds! I hope to have this blog up to snuff soon. In the meantime, if you have any suggestions or recommendations please list them in the comments for this post!
.
I could especially use help in finding recommendations for-
aspiring illustrators
favorite Science Fiction-flavored t.v. shows
cartoons, comics, and graphic novels
games
.
So far, I've contacted all the publishers I know who put out Science Fiction-flavored books of interest to teens and am hoping to snag an interview with a hot author for the first week.

4 comments:

Tia Nevitt said...

Very impressive! This is a new blog for my Google Reader.

Kimber An said...

Thanks, Tia!

Christine said...

Hello! I just wanted to share some sci-fi anime and manga that I have enjoyed and I think that you should check out.

First is Trigun. It's a Space Western anime/manga about a man named Vash the Stampede who has a sixty billion bounty on his head. Everyone thinks he's dangerous but he's actually a really clumsy guy who's amazing at gunfighting.

Then there's Cowboy Bebop which is about a group of bounty hunters who fly through space searching for bounties just so they can have their next meal.

Last Exile is a steam punk anime that has beautiful animation. It's about a boy named Claus Valca and a girl Lavie Head who while flying in their Vanship (a small wingless aircraft) find themselves involved with a strange girl named Alvis Hamilton, whom they must deliver to a battleship called "Silvana".

Last of all is Neon Genisis Evangelion. It's about a 14-year-old boy named Shinji Ikari who is summoned by his father whom he never sees. He finds out that the only reason why his father wanted him to come was so that he could pilot a giant robot to fight against "angels" or giant aliens that are attacking earth.

Kimber An said...

Thanks, Christine! I'm woefully underqualified to recommend anime and manga. I just got interested, like, two weeks ago and am still working my way through our local library's collection. Hey, better late than never!

I'll cut-and-paste your recommendations to the comics' post in the links.